Amazon Virtual Product Bundles: All You Need To Know
A lot of Amazon customers are in search of one thing: the best-discounted offer. A virtual bundle is a perfect way to attract these customers. By combining products from their catalog in a bundle, sellers can easily create new offers and propose added value and convenience to buyers.
Compared to a regular bundle, creating a virtual bundle requires minimum effort. Amazon created a Virtual Product Bundle program that lets brand owners quickly combine their products online and sell them as one. This post will tell you how virtual bundles work, who is eligible for the Amazon Virtual Bundle program, and how to create a virtual bundle.
What Is A Virtual Product Bundle?
Virtual bundles are a set of complementary products from the seller’s Amazon catalog purchased together from a single detail page, typically at a discount. Unlike conventional bundles, sellers don’t have to package virtual bundle items together physically; they are put together virtually.
How Do Virtual Bundles Work?
Amazon offers the Virtual Bundle program for brand owners. It includes a tool to create virtual bundles allowing you to combine your products online in your Seller Central in a few minutes.
Amazon has specific guidelines on how to create virtual bundles.
Virtual bundle guidelines
- virtual bundle must contain at least two and up to five items — for example, you can sell five flavors of chips as a virtual bundle;
- each product in your virtual bundle must have its own product detail page;
- virtual bundle’s products must be in ‘New’ condition;
- the available number of virtual bundles is based on the product having the smallest quantity (if you have 50 shampoo bottles and 30 conditioners, that will make 30 virtual bundles);
- you can add multiple units of an ASIN to the same bundle — you can combine two barbecue chips packs and one cheddar & sour cream pack, or vice versa;
- you cannot add to virtual bundle gift cards, digital items like music, videos, books, and renewed/used items.
Who Is Eligible For Amazon’s Virtual Bundle Program?
To join the Virtual Bundle program, you must be a brand-registered seller. All bundle products must belong to your brand.
Virtual bundles can be created only in Amazon US stores.
How To Create An Amazon Virtual Bundle Step By Step?
- Step 1. Log in to your Seller Central, and go to the Brands tab.
- Step 2. Click “Virtual Bundles.”
- Step 3. In the Virtual Bundle portal, add the bundle products, their images, title, description, and bullet points.
- Step 4. Enter virtual bundle price; offer the discount—if your bundle’s price is higher than the sum of the individual item prices, you will lose the Buy Box.
- Step 5. Click “Save & Publish.”
What Are The Benefits Of A Virtual Bundle?
Compared to a regular Amazon bundle, a virtual bundle has several advantages. You can create it fast and with little effort, because you don’t need to physically put products together, and you don’t have to obtain new barcodes.
No need for product prepackaging
When you create a regular bundle, you must package the combined products and send them to Amazon fulfillment center. With a virtual bundle, you don’t need to physically prepackage, label, and ship the virtual bundle to Amazon, which saves time, effort, and money. You can create a bundle online.
No need for a new UPC code
When sellers create a regular bundle, they must get a unique UPC barcode because a bundle is a new product that is shipped and tracked separately. Virtual bundles don’t require a new UPC because you don’t package virtual bundle items together.
Virtual bundles allow buyers to find a range of products from your catalog instead of browsing each of them separately. For instance, you can offer five chip flavors in one bundle. That way, you’ll sell all of them, even those that are not best sellers. Virtual bundles also attract price-sensitive customers — they can buy complimentary products in one click with a considerable discount.
The Amazon virtual product bundle is a cost-effective and easy way to grow sales. Virtual bundles increase average order value and convenience for shoppers.
Sellers who select to resell bundles can find them with the help of product research. However, product research is a routine process that takes time and effort. There are seller tools that help you automate this complicated task.
Seller Assistant App is a popular new-generation tool that helps with these tasks. It offers an impressive portfolio of valuable and handy features. It allows Amazon sellers to perform advanced product analysis and sales estimations.
Seller Assistant App is equally helpful for FBA beginners and Amazon professionals. It’s a must-have tool for all sellers engaged in product research.
Seller Assistant Аpp is an all-in-one extension incorporating features vital for product research. Advanced IP Alerts can immediately tell you if a product has any sales restrictions or has led to problems with account health in the past. It combines an FBM&FBA profit calculator, Quick View, Stock Checker, and Restrictions Checker in one tool.