Amazon FBA Small and Light Program: Everything to Know in 2023
FBA Small and Light program is deprecated.
In USA, FBA Small and Light ends on Aug 29, 2023, replaced by Low-Price FBA ates. Eligible US items transition automatically; enrollment ends on Jul 17, 2023.
In Europe, FBA Small and Light ends on Sep 26, 2023, enrollment closes on Sep 14, 2023.
Learn more about Low-Priced FBA Fees
Small and Light Amazon program allows merchants to sell small, light, and inexpensive products for a lower price due to the reduced fulfillment fee.
If you sell small, light, and lower-priced products, standard fulfillment fees kill their profitability by making them too expensive.
Therefore, Amazon introduced a Small and Light program that offers special fulfillment fees for low-priced products. With this offer, sellers can increase their margins and sell the products at competitive prices.
Keep reading to find out which products are eligible for the Small and Light program, how to apply for Amazon Small and Light, and how to know whether the product is profitable with the Small and Light program.
What Is Amazon Small And Light Program?
FBA Small and Light (SNL) is a program created for Amazon sellers to reduce the cost of fulfilling small and lightweight products priced under $10.
Amazon offers merchants a convenient Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) service, allowing them to outsource most fulfillment functions to the marketplace. However, standard FBA fulfillment fees make selling cheaper-priced products too expensive. Small and Light helps to solve this problem by offering sellers reduced FBA fulfillment fees for such items.
Products enrolled in Small and Light are available with free shipping for Prime customers and standard shipping for non-Prime shoppers.
What Products Are Eligible For the Small and Light Program?
To enroll your products in the Small and Light program, they must meet certain weight, size, and price criteria.
Products eligible for FBA Small and Light
- must be in the «New» condition;
- must have the measurements of 18 x 14 x 8 inches or less;
- must have a weight of 3 lb or less;
- must have a price of $10 or less.
Products not eligible for FBA Small and Light
- restricted category items;
- prohibited products,
- Adult category products;
- dangerous goods (HazMat);
- meltable (temperature-sensitive) products.
Fragile and crushable products, e.g., glass or chips, should be specially packaged to be eligible for the program.
Note. If your SNL product’s price exceeds $10, it is automatically removed from the program.
What Are the Small and Light Fees?
SNL fulfillment fees are calculated for the two size tiers—small standard and large standard.
How To Enroll In Amazon Small And Light?
To enroll in the Small and Light program, follow several steps described below.
Enrolling in Amazon Small and Light step by step
- Step 1. In your Seller Central account, select the FBA fulfillment method.
- Step 2. Go to the Small and Light page in your Seller Central.
- Step 3. Enroll your products.
- Select one of the two options—Quick enroll or Download a template.
- With Quick Enroll, you can enroll less than 100 existing MSKUs (SKUs that you assign to your products) or check if they are eligible.
- With Download a template, you can enroll more than 100 existing MSKUs. Download an Excel file, copy and paste MSKUs into the template, and remove extra spaces before and after your MSKUs.
- Save and upload your MSKUs into Seller Central. Review Upload status.
Note. When enrolling your products, ensure you add MSKUs, not ASINs.
- Step 4. Prep and ship your products to a specified Amazon fulfillment center.
How To Prep And Package Small And Light Products?
All products you prep to create inbound shipment should meet eligibility requirements and be enrolled in Small and Light. They must also comply with standard FBA packaging and prep requirements.
Prep requirements for Small and Light products
- units shouldn’t be bundled; each unit must have an Amazon barcode;
- barcodes must be placed on the outside of each unit in a flat, easily accessible, scannable place;
- each same-ASIN bag must be labeled with the total quantity of sellable units; a minimum of 24 units per SKU must be sent in each shipment;
- glass and sharp objects must be safely packaged to prevent breakage or injury;
- crushable items such as chips and glass must be packaged so that they do not crush or break when shipped.
How To Quickly Check Products For Small And Light Eligibility?
Seller Assistant App allows you to determine whether a product is eligible for Small and Light in one click. This browser extension also shows on the Amazon Search page or Amazon product pages whether the products are profitable with the Small and Light.
If you see a small Feather icon in the right-hand corner of the Seller Assistant App Top Navigation panel, that means a product is eligible for Small and Light. A Red Feather indicates that the product would not be profitable with the Small and Light program, based on the current Cost of Goods and expenses. A Green Feather indicates that the product would be profitable.
How To Create Offers in Both Small and Light and Standard FBA
You can create offers for your ASINs in both FBA Small and Light and standard FBA.
How to create offers in both FBA Small and Light and standard FBA step by step
- Step 1. Check your product eligibility for the FBA Small and Light.
- Step 2. Create a new SKU and self-fulfilled offer for each ASIN you want to enroll in Small and Light.
- Step 3. Enter package weights and dimensions for each new offer.
- Step 4. Enroll the new SKUs for approval at the FBA Small and Light enrollment page.
- Step 5. Once your offer is approved for FBA Small and Light, you can send your FBA Small and Light inventory. Your existing standard FBA offer will not change.
How To Get Amazon Listing Off Small And Light?
If you want to discontinue using Small And Light to fulfill your products, you can disenroll offers from Small and Light.
- Before disenrolling offers, ensure no inventory is left in Small and Light.
- Go to Remove products from the Small and Light program to disenroll your offers.
Amazon’s Small and Light program allows merchants to sell small, light, and inexpensive products for a lower price due to the reduced fulfillment fee. It’s a good option for sellers who offer customers such products.
However, not every product is eligible for this program, and not all will be profitable with the Small and Light.
Seller Assistant Аpp allows you to determine in one click whether a product is eligible for Small and Light. It also shows on the Amazon Search page or Amazon product pages if the products are profitable with the Small and Light.
Seller Assistant Аpp is an all-in-one extension incorporating all features vital for product research. Advanced IP Alerts can immediately tell you if a product has any sales restrictions or has previously triggered problems with account health. It combines an FBM&FBA profit calculator, Quick View, Stock Checker, and Restrictions Checker in one tool.