Selling Bundles on Amazon. Free Guide
Using creative ideas to grow Amazon sales is vital because of the high competition. Bundling products is one such idea. A combination of products generating added value together is a powerful ‘weapon’ to win the customer. When shoppers buy shampoo, they often think about a conditioner as well, and it’s so convenient to purchase them together when bundled.
However, there are some rules in product bundling. Keep reading to discover what you can and can’t bundle and how to create bundles on Amazon.
What are Amazon Bundles?
Bundles are sets of complementary products that enable or enhance each other’s use, increase convenience, or simplify purchase decisions.
Examples of bundles are a toothbrush and toothpaste; a makeup bundle of lipstick, lip gloss, lipstick palette, and powder case; a flashlight and headlamp.
A bundle may consist of two or more products. It should be composed of a primary item and secondary products adding value.
Pros and Cons of Creating Amazon Bundles
Amazon sellers create bundles mainly because that gives a competitive advantage — you get a new product with almost no competitors for the Buy Box. Also, you can get moving products that don’t sell well by bundling them with bestsellers.
In turn, shoppers enjoy increased convenience and reduced shipping costs because they pay for the delivery of one order instead of paying for several orders.
- added value and convenience for the shoppers — they don’t need to look for single products and can purchase all they need in one click;
- shoppers save money on order delivery — they pay shipping costs once instead of paying several times for each order separately;
- lower competition — a bundle is a unique product with almost no competitors for the Buy Box;
- help sell slow-moving products — you can bundle with your bestsellers the products that don’t sell well.
- a bundle is a new product without sales history — it’s not clear if it will generate effective sales;
- some shoppers may prefer to buy bundled items separately;
- you must create a new listing and obtain a UPC (Universal Product Code) for a bundle because it is considered a new product;
- returns cost more — if a customer is unhappy with one of the products in the bundle, they will return all bundled products.
How To Bundle Products on Amazon?
The products in the bundle must complement each other based on similar functionality, additional convenience, or other value. Therefore, you can bundle products based on specific complementary relations between them.
Amazon bundling ideas
- entirely complementary products: toothbrush and toothpaste;
- partially complementary products: ground coffee and nondairy creamer;
- products used at the same time: cereal and orange juice for breakfast;
- products used on the same occasion/special events: corn chips, chili, and cheese spread for Super Bowl;
- products used in the same process: skillet, margarine, and pancake mix for cooking;
- products functional together: battery-powered toys and batteries;
- bundles simplifying purchase decisions: makeup bundle of an eyeshadow palette, mascara, brow pencil, eyeliner, and contour pen.
Tip: Besides a regular bundle, Amazon sellers can also create a virtual bundle that requires minimum effort. Amazon created a Virtual Product Bundle program that lets brand owners quickly combine their products online and sell them as one.
What You Can and Can’t Bundle on Amazon?
Amazon has specific guidelines for creating bundles.
Amazon guidelines for creating bundles
- bundled products must be complementary items you can use together;
- bundled items must enhance the buyer’s experience;
- secondary items must add value to the primary unit;
- combining branded and generic products is not allowed;
- a bundle may be listed in a single category only; if bundled products belong to multiple categories, the bundle is listed in the category of the highest-priced item;
- selling books, movies, videos, DVDs, and video games as primary items is not allowed (however, you can sell them as secondary items in the bundle; for example, a yoga mat — the primary product, and a yoga DVD);
- bundles must consist of single items, each having a unique ASIN/UPC, and sold together (a prepackaged kit or pack with a single ASIN/UPC is not considered a bundle);
- you must obtain a UPC or other standard product identifier for each bundle you create (using the UPC of any single item in the bundle for the whole bundle is not allowed);
- returns and refunds are applied to the entire bundle, not to individual products;
- the referral fee is based on the category of the primary product;
- you can’t change products in a bundle after it’s created;
- including products with separate manufacturer warranties is not allowed.
How to List Product Bundles Step by Step?
- Step 1. Select products for a bundle.
- Step 2. Create a bundle name.
- Step 3. Set a bundle price.
- Step 4. Create a bundle listing. In your Seller Central, go to «Inventory» > «Manage Inventory» > «Create A Bundle.» Add products you want to bundle and a product category. Create a listing.
- Step 5. Obtain a UPC for a bundle.
- Step 6. If you use Fulfillment by Amazon, send a bundle to an Amazon FBA fulfillment center. Package the items together — place them in a box or poly bag. On the outside, place an FNSKU label and a sticker “Do Not Separate.”
How To Find Bundles to Sell on Amazon?
Sellers find bundles to resell on Amazon with the help of product research. You can search for bundles on Amazon, look in the “Frequently bought together” section, or apply any other product research technique you usually use.
However, product research is a routine process that takes time and effort. There are seller tools that help you automate this complicated task. Seller Assistant App is one such tool. It’s a powerful product research extension for Amazon sellers that helps you see all the essential product metrics we mentioned above right on the Amazon search page and save results to Google Sheets. It also shows all potential product issues. It also enables you to estimate product profitability, Amazon fees, and more. It will help you select the right products.
In addition, if you want to scale your Amazon sales fast and generate good margins, you can purchase ready-to-sell deals to list on Amazon immediately and make profits. If you’re interested in quickly and safely purchasing verified, fast-selling, high-ROI deals from professional researchers, you can find them on the marketplace for online arbitrage deals. Seller Assistant Deals marketplace is the platform where online arbitrage buyers and sellers trade profitable deals.
On Seller Assistant Deals marketplace, you can purchase deals safely. The marketplace provides a refund warranty. It ensures that you buy only deals fitting your seller account, and all deals you buy on Seller Assistant Deals marketplace are verified. No prepayment is required.
Sellers who select to resell bundles can find them with the help of product research. Seller Assistant App helps with this task. It’s a popular new-generation tool that can help not only with calculating Amazon FBA fees but also with overall product research. It offers an impressive portfolio of valuable and handy features. It allows Amazon sellers to perform advanced product analysis and sales estimations.
Seller Assistant App is equally helpful for FBA beginners and Amazon professionals. It’s a must-have tool for all sellers engaged in product research.
Seller Assistant Аpp is an all-in-one extension incorporating features vital for product research. Advanced IP Alerts can immediately tell you if a product has any sales restrictions or has led to problems with account health in the past. It combines an FBM&FBA profit calculator, Quick View, Stock Checker, and Restrictions Checker in one tool.