Building Reputation for Amazon Store — Everything Sellers Need to Know
Bad reviews can destroy your brand in an instance. However, you can elegantly turn it into a win with the right approach.
For an online store, reputation is critical. Keep reading to discover what influences your store’s reputation and how to improve or fix it.
What Is Online Reputation on Amazon?
Online reputation is the public opinion of the Internet community about your store or brand. On Amazon, it’s expressed in product reviews, seller feedback, Q&A comments, and customer forums.
However, people share their opinions not only on Amazon. They can discuss your products and services on social network forums, groups, and anywhere else off Amazon. And you should be ready for both positive and negative reactions.
Earning a good reputation is essential from the start. This is the way to build customer loyalty and grow sales.
Note. Due to the nature of the Internet, a bad Amazon seller reputation spreads immediately. It is indexed by search engines and can quickly become “viral.” For that reason, it’s recommended to deal with the negative feedback asap.
Why Is Online Reputation Important?
Today’s shoppers research a product before they purchase it. Many of them check star ratings and reviews.
10 reasons why you should care about your online reputation
- online opinion about your store is exposed to everyone immediately;
- good reviews influence ranking and conversions;
- people trust other people’s thoughts more than ads;
- online feedback affects more than 90% of shoppers;
- a good reputation helps build customer loyalty;
- confidence in a brand attracts recurring purchases;
- many positive reviews mitigate the impact of negative feedback;
- positive reputation gives you a competitive advantage;
- great reputation creates engagement;
- it is easier to elaborate on a good online opinion.
What Is Online Reputation Management?
Online Reputation Management (ORM) is a business practice that pinpoints the factors affecting the online business’ reputation and identifies the ways to improve or fix it. Reputation can change, and it can be improved. Or, aggravate if neglected.
What Are the Reputation Metrics On and Off Amazon?
ORM strategies on and off Amazon differ.
Reputation metrics on Amazon
- 4 and 5-star review rates;
- buyer messaging response time;
- accuracy of product detail pages;
- seller feedback ratings;
- order fulfillment rate (seller performance).
Reputation metrics off Amazon
- social media reach (number of people who may see your product);
- share of voice (number of people speaking about your brand in the industry);
- sentiment analysis (emotional tone of texts about your brand).
Online Reputation Management Techniques
ORM techniques are the tools helping enhance your reputation.
10 Amazon reputation management techniques
- performing an Amazon store audit;
- monitoring brand mentions;
- SEO optimization;
- responding to negative reviews;
- encouraging customers to leave reviews;
- using the “Request a review” button in your Seller Central;
- enrolling in the Amazon Vine program (for the new products);
- request Amazon to remove false or biased complaints;
- promoting positive content;
- using affiliates and influencers to build up brand trust.
How to Build Online Reputation?
To improve the reputation on Amazon for seller business, you need to take several steps, including revising your content quality, promoting your brand and product, monitoring mentions online, and fixing negative feedback.
Improving the online reputation of your business step by step
Step 1. Make an audit of your content.
Step 2. Monitor brand and product mentions.
Step 3. Implement SEO optimization.
Step 4. Respond to negative reviews.
Step 5. Increase customer service quality and customer response time. Improve order fulfillment rate.
Step 6. Encourage shoppers to leave reviews and use the “Request a review” button.
Step 7. Enroll in Amazon Vine program.
Step 8. Regularly send out a brand newsletter to your customers.
Step 9. Promote positive brand content on social media, and advertise.
Step 10. Use affiliates, influencers, and guest blogs to build up brand trust.
The online reputation of Amazon brands or products is one of the drivers for purchasing decisions. People trust businesses with high ratings and positive reviews. It is possible to improve your online reputation and even leverage negative feedback. You can do so by using the reputation management techniques we discussed hereto.
However, a good reputation is not likely to save you if you have a poor product. The seller Assistant app will help you research the right product. This plugin combines an FBM&FBA profit calculator and many other features for sellers. With it, you’ll get access to Advanced IP Alerts, Quick View, Stock Checker, and Restrictions Checker in one tool.
Try the Seller Assistant Аpp now. Register for our 14-day trial. Grow your Amazon business with confidence.