How to Remove Negative Feedbacks and Reviews on Amazon
Negative feedback matters on Amazon and shouldn’t be neglected. Bad feedback or many negative reviews can divert buyers from purchasing your product. In addition, it affects winning the Buy Box and overall seller account health.
However, you can’t simply delete negative feedback. It can be removed either by a shopper or by Amazon itself.
Keep reading to discover the difference between removing negative feedback and negative reviews and how to remove both.
What Are The Ways To Remove Negative Feedback On Amazon?
Amazon pays special attention to feedback and reviews. You can’t just delete negative customer reactions and forget about them.
Negative feedback affects your sales, as well as Amazon account health. It influences Order Defect Rate (ODR)—seller performance metric indicating the percentage of your orders to those that have received negative feedback, and Account Health Rating (AHR). If your AHR becomes «At Risk,» Amazon may suspend your selling privileges.
Related: Amazon Account Health – A Guide for FBA Sellers in 2022
However, according to Amazon feedback and review policy, there are two ways to remove poor customer reactions.
Two ways to remove bad feedback:
- Getting Amazon to remove the feedback;
- Getting your customer to remove the feedback.
If the negative feedback or review is relevant, the only way to remove it is to contact the buyer and ask them to change or delete it. To do so, try to fix the situation and inform a customer of your actions.
However, there are instances when shoppers leave offensive, funny or inappropriate comments. Competitors may also intentionally give false negative Amazon reviews. If you think that has happened – you can ask Amazon to remove a review. In that case, you should provide substantial proof.
The Difference Between Seller Feedback And Product Review. Why It Matters?
Feedback and review are different concepts on Amazon.
Feedback indicates the overall buyer experience with you as a seller and your customer services.
A review is the buyer's comments on the product as such.
Many times, shoppers mix up these two things. In such a case, that can be a reason to ask Amazon to remove a review or feedback.
That is because, according to Amazon feedback and review policies, the review should refer solely to the product. In contrast, feedback should not be a review and must refer to seller services only. If feedback has product information, Amazon will remove it by your request. However, if feedback contains seller and product information, Amazon will not remove it.
How To Get Amazon To Remove Negative Feedback?
Amazon removes negative feedback if it’s promotional, abusive, or irrelevant content and doesn’t comply with the feedback guidelines.
If you sell Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) products, removing feedback is more straightforward because, with FBA, Amazon order processing and customer services fall under Amazon’s and not the seller’s responsibility. Amazon, therefore, removes all corresponding negative feedback.
Related: How Does Amazon FBA Work. Is Amazon FBA worth it in 2022?
Amazon negative feedback removal reasons
- Promotional — advertising comments or links to other sellers or websites;
- Offensive language — comments must be in helpful and polite language;
- Abusive or illegal content — this includes content encouraging crimes against humanity, racial hatred, violence, and child pornography;
- Personal information — this includes Amazon passwords, payment card numbers, phone numbers, email addresses, or physical addresses;
- Content likely to impede on the intellectual property rights of third parties — this includes photos, articles, etc.;
- Pricing feedback — this includes feedback about the price of the item or delivery;
- Product reviews — products should be reviewed on their product detail pages;
- The reviewer didn’t purchase the product — only customers who have bought a product from a seller through Amazon can leave feedback about that seller.
How to remove negative feedback step by step
- Step 1. Log into your Seller Central.
- Step 2. Open the “Contact Us” page. Click the “Selling on Amazon” / “Customers and orders” on the left-hand side.
- Step 3. Enter the Order ID and click “Next.” Find the order with the negative feedback.
- Step 4. Click the “Customer Feedback Removal Request” and “Next.”
- Step 5. Specify the details and reason for your Amazon feedback removal request. When asked, “Would you like the feedback to be reviewed for removal?” click “Next.”
- Step 6. Submit your request.
If you’re successful, you’ll get a response from Amazon similar to the one below.
How To Get Amazon To Remove Negative Review?
If a reviewer has left an unfair or inappropriate review, you can ask Amazon to remove it.
Amazon negative review removal reasons
- the review doesn’t refer solely to the product;
- the review compares prices, alternate options, or product availability;
- a review contains hate speech or abusive comments, propagates pornography or illegal conduct;
- a review includes personal information, like emails;
- a review contains promotional content;
- a review was requested or offered compensation in exchange for content;
- a review contains feedback from competitors;
- a content has multiple negative reviews by the same customer for a single product;
- one-word-reviews are not allowed.
How to remove negative review step by step
- Step 1. Go to your product page and find the negative review.
- Step 2. Click “Report Abuse” button beneath a review and add a comment.
- Step 3. If the above doesn’t help, contact Amazon’s customer support by email and explain the problem. Include product ASIN, the reviewer’s name, the date and time at which the review was posted, and a link to the review.
How To Get A Buyer To Remove A Negative Feedback Or Review?
If a review is fair, deal with the problem related to your product or services first. There is a chance that a customer will change a review or delete it if you contact them and tell that you addressed the issue.
You can reach a customer through Buyer-Seller Messaging or email if available.
How to contact a negative reviewer step by step
- Step 1. Apologize.
- Step 2. Ask for the reason for the negative feedback.
- Step 3. Openly explain your perspective on a problem.
- Step 4. Tell what you’ve done to fix an issue and why it will not happen again.
- Step 5. Show that you care about a shopper, and thank them for the review.
Note. Remember that Amazon doesn’t allow sellers to influence reviews, for example, by paying buyers or offering other incentives.
Negative reviews can harm your product sales and seller Account Health Rating. Therefore, you must remove them, if possible.
There are two ways to remove negative feedback and reviews—contact a shopper through Buyer-Seller Messaging and try to fix the problem, or ask Amazon to remove the feedback.
However, it’s much better to avoid problematic products proactively. When doing product research, you should ensure to stay away from products with customer issues. Seller Assistant Аpp lets you identify such problems on the Amazon search page.
Seller Assistant App is a popular new-generation tool that can help not only with to calculate Amazon FBA fees but also with overall product research. It offers an impressive portfolio of valuable and handy features. It allows Amazon sellers to perform advanced product analysis and sales estimations.
Seller Assistant App is equally helpful for FBA beginners and Amazon professionals. It’s a must-have tool for all sellers engaged in product research.
Seller Assistant Аpp is an all-in-one extension incorporating features vital for product research. Advanced IP Alerts can immediately tell you if a product has any sales restrictions or has led to problems with account health in the past. It combines an FBM&FBA profit calculator, Quick View, Stock Checker, and Restrictions Checker in one tool.