Amazon Seller Holiday Calendar 2023
For some of you, the calendar may sound like something outdated. However, that’s not true. Planning in advance is extremely important for Amazon sellers. It allows you to better understand which sales events require your resources, efforts, and time and what exactly to do when.
Effective inventory management, promos and discounts for high sales seasons, and timely delivery help you effectively make money and earn loyalty, positive feedback, and reviews from your buyers. We prepared a seller calendar for 2023, which guides you through all important Amazon seller events and dates.
It's the start-of-the-year month. Consumers pay attention to health and shape — the fitness and health categories are in demand.
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- January 10-12: The Outdoor Retailer Snow Show
- January 15-17: NRF 2023: Retail’s Big Show & Expo
- January 16: Martin Luther King (MLK) Day
Valentine's Day is an excellent chance to sell gifts. Also, it’s time to start preparing for Amazon Prime Day.
- February 1: Start of Black History Month
- February 1: Deadline to send tax form W-2 to employees and IRS
- February 2: Groundhog Day
- February 12: Super Bowl Sunday
- February 14: Valentine’s Day
- February 20: Presidents’ Day
- February 20: Family Day (Canada)
Time to start selling products that are good for warm weather. Spring Break season is an excellent chance to sell travel products and party decorations.
- March 1: Deadline to file 1099s through the mail with the IRS (form 1096)
- March 8: International Women’s Day
- March 12: Daylight Saving Time
- March 13-15: The Prosper Show
- March 15: Deadline to file S-Corps (form 1120-S) and for partnerships (form 1065)
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day
- March 20: First day of spring
- March 26-29: Shop Talk
Easter holiday is the main event of the month. Set up your promo and marketing strategies, and add Easter-related keywords to relevant listings. Also, it’s time to start preparing for the back-to-school season (August).
- April 1: April Fools’ Day
- April 2-8: Holy Week
- April 7: Good Friday
- April 9: Easter Sunday
- April 11: National Pet Day
- April 12-13: E-commerce Operations Summit
- April 15: Deadline to file taxes for individuals, sole proprietors, C corporations, single-member LLCs, or LLCs taxed as a corporation
- April 22: Earth Day
May is an excellent possibility to sell inventory and gifts for Mother's Day. Also, remember to plan for Father's Day (June). Memorial Day is a chance to sell U. S. flag gifts and apparel.
- May 1-4: Labor Day in China
- May 3-4: White Label Expo
- May 14: Mother’s Day
- May 4-6: Sellers Summit
- May 31: Memorial Day
Time to sell inventory and gifts for Father's Day. Good opportunity to sell U. S. flag gifts and apparel for Flag Day. You can also consider selling Pride events and gender identity merchandise.
- June 1: Pride Month begins
- June 13-15: Retail Innovation
- June 14: Flag Day
- June 18: Father’s Day
- June 19: Juneteenth
- June 21: First day of summer
- June 20-21: Commercenext
Mid-summer is the high season for vacations. It’s a perfect occasion for selling travel-related items and popular summer merchandise. Also, you can sell gifts for Independence Day. Time to start preparing for Black Friday (November 24) and Cyber Monday (November 27) and order inventory.
- July 1: Canada Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- July 11-12: Amazon Prime Day (predicted)
Back-to-school is the high season for school shopping and a big event for sellers. Time to sell laptops, school supplies, and essentials. Focus on school-related keywords.
- August 14-16: eTail East
- August 16: Back-to-school
Time to get ready for the Holiday Season. Order inventory, ship it in advance, and think over special holiday offers. Chance to sell sports and football merchandise on NFL season.
- September 4: Labor Day
- September 9: NFL season begins
- September 23: First day of Fall
Halloween offers a lot of options to sell accessories, costumes, and party supplies. Time to order inventory for the Lunar New Year (Asia).
- October 9: Indigenous Peoples Day/Columbus Day
- October 9: Canadian Thanksgiving
- October 31: Halloween
November is the month of massive sales. You must have prepared the inventory and promo campaigns for the holiday season, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday by this time. November, 2 is the deadline to send inventory to Amazon fulfillment centers for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
- November 1: National Native American Heritage Month starts
- November 5: Daylight Saving Time
- November 8: Election Day
- November 11: Veterans Day and Singles’ Day
- November 11: Remembrance Day (Canada)
- November 23: Thanksgiving
- November 24: Black Friday
- November 25: Small Business Saturday
- November 27: Cyber Monday
The Christmas holiday is great for sales. You should have already prepared your inventory, coupons, and discounts far in advance. Ensure you’ve sent enough inventory to Amazon. December 1 is Amazon's Christmas inventory deadline.
- December 17: Super Saturday
- December 7-15: Hanukkah
- December 21: First day of winter
- December 24: Christmas Eve
- December 25: Christmas
- December 26-Jan 1: Kwanzaa
- December 26: Boxing Day (Canada)
- December 31: New Year’s Eve
With their increased demand, high sales seasons and Amazon events offer a great chance to grow sales and profits. Make sure you replenish inventory at least 7-9 weeks in advance and send it to Amazon fulfillment centers before the deadlines. Also, ensure your holiday promo campaigns are in place and your listings contain relevant keywords.
To select profitable products for your sales all year round, you must do product research. There are seller tools created explicitly for that. Seller Assistant App is one such tool. It’s a powerful product research extension for Amazon sellers engaged in online arbitrage, wholesale and dropshipping.
Seller Assistant Аpp is an all-in-one extension incorporating features vital for product research. Advanced IP Alerts can immediately tell you if a product has any sales restrictions or has led to problems with account health in the past. It combines an FBM&FBA profit calculator, Quick View, Stock Checker, and Restrictions Checker in one tool.